The Daisy Trust raises funds and gives grants to local charities and voluntary organisations serving the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
The Trust has 5 main objectives on which their grants are based:
• the prevention or relief of poverty
• the advancement of education
• the advancement of health or the saving of lives
• the advancement of citizenship or community development
• the relief of those in need, by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
The Daisy Trust is a truly unique voluntary organisation. The group of volunteers are predominantly young professional women who have given up full time work for some time whilst raising their own young families. They run the Trust with a passion for community service and give their valuable time and skills to give something back to their community. The charity is run from their homes and fundraising costs are minimal through generous sponsorship and donations from local businesses so that all the monies raised can be granted out to the community.
The Daisy Trust is held with much love and respect within the Borough, a truly local charity from which grants are constantly sought. In 2013, it was the Mayor’s chosen charity and in July 2014 it was nominated for a Queen’s Award for Voluntary service.